Stroke survivors over 21 years of age may apply to join so long as they:
– Are capable of independent transfer or require minimal assistance
– Are continent and independent with respect to their other personal functions
– Have the ability to provide their own transportation which may be care-A-van (for more information on care-A-van, call 905 337 9222 or on line at www.oakvilletransit.ca)
Before acceptance into the program:
– You will be invited to attend a Friday session to see what we do and to give us an opportunity to assess you.
– Depending on the strength of our volunteer body, we may be in a position to accept you immediately or be put on a waiting list.
– You will be required to complete a Participant Application and Physician Consent form.
For more information, call:
Tel. # for care-A-van 905-337-9222
“I joined Oakville Stroker a year ago. I found the program has helped me a lot. My movement has been improved by exercising in the pool. The program also provides opportunities to communicate with people in my situation which also helps.”
– Kilian –
Fill out our contact form and we'll be able to reach you by email.
Alternatively, you can reach
We welcome and greatly appreciate your donation. Tax receipts are issued.
The Oakville Strokers’ Charitable Registration Number is 873037840 RR0001.
To donate, mail your cheque to:
The Oakville Strokers
c/o 64 First Street,
Oakville, ON L6J 3R3
You can also donate to us using Canada Helps by following this link.